Maine Yoga Adventures offers physically demanding activities. It is vitally important that you are in a physical condition that will allow you to participate without presenting any
danger to yourself or others. If you have any concerns that a health condition, injury or previous lack of physical activity may put you at risk of personal injury or discomfort,
please seek the advice of your physician before taking this class or engaging in any event associated with Maine Yoga Adventures.
I, undersigned, fully understand and agree to the following:
1. I am or will be participating in yoga classes and outdoors activities offered by Maine Yoga Adventures during which I will receive information and instruction about yoga and health. Some of the events offered by Maine Yoga Adventures entail intensive physical activity and exertion by me. I recognize such physical activity and exertion may be difficult and strenuous and may cause or aggravate a physical injury or medical condition. I am fully aware of and accept the risks and hazards involved.
2. I understand that it is my responsibility to consult with a physician prior to and regarding my participation in Adventures. I represent and warrant that I am physically fit and I have no medical condition or injury which would prevent my full participation in Adventures.
3. In consideration of being permitted to participate in the Adventures, I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, conditions, injuries or damages, known or unknown, which I might incur or aggravate as a result of my participation in same.
4. I understand that there may be physical adjustments by instructors during some yoga offerings and activities and that it is my responsibility to let the instructor know if I do not want to be touched/adjusted.
5. I voluntarily and expressly waive any claim I may have or acquire against Maine Yoga Adventures, the Staff, Landlord or any Premises at which it may operate, for any injury, condition, theft or damages that I may sustain as a result of entering or being on the premises or participating in the Adventures.
6. I understand it is my continuing responsibility to inform the instructors of the Adventures of any medical conditions (including pregnancy), injuries or surgeries prior to my participation in any Adventure and at such other times as I acquire information as to same.
7. I, my spouse, my heirs or legal representatives forever release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue Maine Yoga Adventures or its representatives and affiliates for any injury, condition, or death which arises that is caused by or is aggravated by reason of my participation in the Adventures, arising directly or indirectly from or attributable in any legal way to any willful and wanton negligence, action or omission to act of any such person or organization in connection with sponsorship, organization or execution of any Adventure.
8. Should I or my successors assert my claim in breach of this agreement, I or my successors shall be liable for the expenses (including legal fees) incurred by the other party or parties in defending, unless the other party or parties are financially adjudged liable on such claim for willful and wanton negligence.
9. In the event of any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this agreement, or a breach thereof, I agree to first attempt to settle the dispute by mediation, administered by a mutually agreeable member of the Maine Association of Mediators. If settlement is not reached within sixty days after service of a written demand for mediation, any unresolved controversy or claim shall be settled by arbitration, administered by a member of the Maine Association of Mediators. The number of arbitrators shall be one. The place of arbitration shall be Bangor, Maine. Maine law shall apply. Judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction of the claim.
I certify that I have read and understand this agreement in its entirety, and that I am eighteen years of age or the parent or legal guardian of the participating minor.
I hereby waive, release and discharge any and all rights and claims against Maine Yoga Adventures, its representatives, partners, and affiliates, and property owners through or
by which the events will be held for any and all damages which may be sustained by me directly or indirectly in connection with, or arising out of, my participation in or
association with the event, or travel to or return from the event.
Name of Participant
For participants under 18 years of age:
Name of Parent or Legal Guardian