Revitalize your energy at summer’s end! Enjoy a day on magnificent Monhegan Island. Practice yoga, hike and eat nutritious food with great people.
Join Tara Hire of Monhegan Wellness and Holly Twining founder of Maine Yoga Adventures for this spectacular day celebrating good health. Using the island environment as our inspiration, we will explore the Seven Chakras. Participants will experience each energy center in a tactile, experiential way.
10:30 a.m. Depart Port Clyde via Monhegan Boat Lines
12:30 Yoga & Hiking
1:30 pm Lunch
2:00 pm Yoga & Hiking
3:30 pm Time to explore on your own
5:30 p.m. Arrive Port Clyde
About the Chakras and our Journey:
- Earth/Root Chakra, is the center of grounding and security. We will explore this Chakra through a series of asana outside with our toes in the grass and feeling the connection with the earth.
- Water/Sacral Chakra, is the center of self, creativity and sensuality. We will explore this Chakra by putting our feet in the ocean and getting in touch with the movement of the water, connecting to a sense of fluidity
- Fire/Solar Plexus, is the center of autonomy, confidence and assertiveness. We will explore this Chakra by hiking Monhegan’s backside, taking in the soaring cliffs and the endless vistas.
- Air/Heart and Ether/Throat Chakras, We will explore these Chakras through pranayama by the sea
- Om or Integration Chakra, culminating all of the Chakras through the practice of Restorative Yoga.
Level: Everyone is invited; no experience necessary